Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Baseball Day Two!

Well, today was great...and hot! Ray didn't seem to mind though and had just as much fun today, while learning quite a bit at the same time. Today for the last hour, they got to play a real game. This was Ray's first "real" game and he was a little confused, but surprised everyone by hitting his first overhand pitch and due to some intentional errors on the part of his new friends, ended up with an in the park home run! Actually he got two...go figure! I can't tell you how wonderful these young boys are. They have to be the most compassionate and unselfish group of kids I have ever met. They help him and cheer him on constantly and have shown by example how to be team players. I couldn't be happier with the kids, the coaches and my little "Shorty."


The Coach gave Ray this ball yesterday and we wrote on it and will save it forever!


Ready for his turn at bat.


Watching the game and cheering on his teammates.

Ready in the outfield.

No comments: